History

Pravieniskes Correction House-Open Prison Colony is in Pravieniskes II village, Kaisiadorys district municipality teritory, 7 kilometres to the North from Rumšiškės, near Vilnius - Kaunas railway. This village is surrounded by forests. First time Pravieniskes II village was mentioned in 1959 determining Lithuanian SSR administrative-teritorial division, although there have been a settlement before. Pravieniskes Correction House-Open Prison Colony was established in 2011, 1 February, by merging three correctional facilities: Pravieniskes Correction House No.1 (started working in 1973), Pravieniskes Correction House-Open Prison Colony No.2 (established in 1944) and Pravieniskes Correction House No.3 (which has been operating since 1968, as a division and the self-employed - since 1993). In Pravieniskes Correction House-Open Prison Colony convicted persons were divided to three Boards (Boards - institutions teritorial divisions). Before reorganization 1st Board was Pravieniskes Correction House No. 1, 2nd Board - Pravieniskes Correction House-Open Prison Colony, 3rd Board - Pravieniskes Correction House No.3. Since 2014, 2 May, changed Pravieniskes Correction House-Open Prison Colony structure - Board changed as follows: 1st Board called the First Sector, the 2nd Board – the Second Sector and the 3rd Board – the Third Sector.

Updated on: 7/10/2019 3:25 PM
Share |

Norway grants

Newsletter

Subscribe
RSS